This text has been automatically translated by Google. Switch to original.
Spacious, neat and solid classic / retro camper, with the specifics 1) he runs on LPG, and 2) a fixed double bed in a kind of separate bedroom / box bed in the back.
Very suitable as a family camper with 4 sleeping places, but then including some parental privacy. But thanks to the fixed bed (with new mattress!), It is also ideally suited for touring or spending the winter together. Thanks to roof racks, plenty of options for transporting roof boxes, kayaks, surfboards, etc!
Top of the range 80s luxury, nostalgic woodwork and rattan, almost in original condition, but in the meantime also brightened up with solar panels, LCD TV, radio CD player with Bluetooth and MP3, car kit, extra sockets (220V, 12V, USB), modern bicycle carrier, larger (normal and blind spot) mirrors, extra belts and roof racks, Reliable, well maintained, in excellent technical condition, low mileage (190,000, of which only 50,000 on LPG). Bovag approved again in 2018, so technically and in terms of interior completely checked again. Cozy, tidy, and with a very complete inventory (also for outside).
We find the advantages of this wonderful motorhome ourselves:
- HE DRIVES ON LPG (and of course also on gasoline). Environmentally friendly, and also runs wonderfully cheap. No diesel noise, no diesel fuel, and virtually no problems with urban environmental zones. LPG is cheap and easy to get in most European countries: there are also various special LPG tank apps that can be linked to navigation.
- FIXED DOUBLE BED with new mattress in a kind of SEPARATE BEDROOM! So if you are just the two of you don't have to worry about rebuilding the table every day. And if you are with children, there is still some 'parental privacy'. The seating area can also be converted into a 135 cm wide 2p DINETTE BED.
- CHILD-FRIENDLY: a dinette just behind the driver's section (playing or watching TV within reach), with a large low window and good views to both sides (so also less motion sickness). Two HIP BELTS are built in for the bench in the direction of travel, which can also be used for a child's seat or maxicosi.
- A VIEW TO THE REAR through a large window at the rear. As a driver, you can look back through the 'bedroom' through a normal rear-view mirror.
- SPACE FROM INSIDE, SEPARATE FROM OUTSIDE. Because of its layout, the camper looks pretty big on the inside, but because it has no alcove, it looks modest on the outside. So catches little wind, and runs smoothly. Lots of light through many large (tinted) windows, all with combi screens.
- Suitable for LONGER TRAVEL, before and after summer, or for more remote areas, thanks to a very good heater, solar panels, extra lights and flood lights, and two (both connected) large gas bottles. Refrigerator can be on 12V (while driving), 230V ('shore power'), and 'off the grid' possibly also on gas.
- ROOF CARRIERS on top of the camper, suitable for transporting multiple roof boxes (included), kayaks or surfboards. At the rear of the ladder is a custom-made bracket on which an outboard motor can be transported.
CONSIDERATIONS for this camper:
- Older motorhomes such as these do not have the motor power of new motorhomes. With this camper you can easily drive a cruising speed of 90 km / h (flat, the top is a bit higher), and that feels really hard enough is our experience. Hilly terrain is also fine, but this motorhome is not suitable for really high mountains due to driving on gasoline / LPG (gasoline and certainly LPG has less pulling power in the mountains than diesel). The Alps or Pyrenees as a destination is therefore not a good idea, but crossing these mountains to Italy or Spain is fine.
- Given its age and somewhat lower power / speed, this motorhome is not suitable for covering a large distance in a short period of time. According to our own experience, 700 km per day is already very large, that days in a row we find this camper not a good idea. So there must be a bit of a balance between the duration of the application and the destination. A week to Italy or a weekend in Denmark is not a good idea. That does not do justice to the camper, it is a bit of a slower camper!
ADDITIONAL OPTIONS with this camper:
- linen service.
The motorhome is equipped with clean and fresh and moltons / mattress protectors and sheets as standard. For 50 Euro extra you can also rent fresh duvets (1x2p and 2x1p), pillows, covers and towels that we then wash for you.
- when renting a large rubber boat with 6hp outboard engine.
This rubber boat (model zodiac, 290 long, suitable for 300 kg / 4 people) is transported in a roof box on top of the motor home, the outboard motor is transported on a bracket at the rear of the motor home. Including accessories such as pump, fuel tank, lock, life jackets, etc., costs 100 Euro per week.
- when renting a 2p kayak.
This is a 'Norwegian kayak' (a cross between a canoe and a kayak: a large open compartment with 2 sliding seats), suitable for flat water, but NOT for white water or for sea. It can accommodate 2 adults plus possibly two small children (max 6 yrs). Including accessories such as paddles, waterproof barrel, life jackets, etc., costs 50 Euro per week.
PLEASE NOTE: RENTAL PERIOD AND PRICES!
For this motorhome a different minimum rental period and daily price is specified for different periods.
In the high season (May holiday + July / August) the camper can only be rented for a minimum of 1 week (May holiday) or 2 weeks (Summer holiday).
In pre-and after-season (Sep to Oct, and April to June) the minimum rental period is set to 3 days / nights. However, there is then a 'minimum rental amount' for which I accept a booking: 272 euros (or the amount of 4 days / nights). This is because there is quite a lot of work to be done in checking, familiarizing and testing the tenants, and checking afterwards. Without this minimum, the rental price is no longer in proportion to the time I have to put in ... sorry!
In the low season (November to March) the minimum rental period is 3 weeks. That has to do with the fact that I may have to remove the motorhome from the garage and put it back in the road tax, while the rates are then minimal. However, in consultation with a longer rental (eg hibernation) there is a lot possible regarding the price !!
We are very happy with our camper. We therefore expect tenants to handle it with care and in a normal way, and only rent if we have a good feeling about the prospective tenants. Conversely, aspiring tenants can of course always come to the camper prior to booking to take a test drive.
# Rent this camper very cheaply for WINTERS? Minimum 2 months to a 'dry' destination like Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal or Morocco, in the period November-February, for only 800 euros per month! The camper can possibly be driven to the destination for you. Send a message for more information. #