Insuring your motorhome for hire

Insuring your motorhome for hire

With the right insurance, you can both earn more with your motorhome and maintain peace of mind knowing that your vehicle is covered. There are two main types of insurance for motorhome rental, annual self-drive hire policies and pay-as-you-go cover. Both are great options in their own right, depending on how often you intend to hire out and what kind of coverage you want. Please read the following to find out more about campervan hire insurance in the UK. If there is anything that is unclear we are always happy for you to give us a call regarding motorhome hire insurance or any other queries.

Goboony Motorhome Day Insurance

When you hire out your motorhome on Goboony you are able to use our insurance that covers peer-to-peer hire. This is our Goboony Day Insurance powered by Riverside Underwriting. It can be applied when booking a motorhome.

  • Cover across the UK, EU, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands as standard
  • EU cover available for bookings leaving the UK
  • Breakdown and theft
  • The policy is taken out by the person hiring your motorhome
  • Competitive daily rates
  • Does not affect the owner of the vehicle’s no-claims bonus
  • Covers additional named drivers
  • Trips up to 28 days in Length

Find out more about the Goboony Motorhome Day Insurance.

Annual self-drive hire policy

An annual self-drive hire policy is the most commonly used option for campervan hire insurance in the UK. This policy will also cover the owner of the vehicle for personal use. Annual policies are naturally more expensive than the occasional use of a pay-as-you-go option, however, this cost will be earned back within an average 3.5 weeks of it being out on rental. We would recommend taking this motorhome hire insurance option if you intend to have your motorhome hired out for 3 or more weeks in a year. Alan Boswell can provide you with a self-drive hire policy and uses Underwriters like Allianz and LV. You can also call them on 01603915109 for a quote or to talk to their helpful team.

Learn more about hiring out