The New Forest is often considered to be the Eden of southern England, the perfect blend of woodland, farmland and coastline, together forming one of the most beautiful regions in Britain. This National Park is the mostly densely populated in Britain, and renowned for majestic free roaming ponies and abundance of wildlife. So don’t wait any longer, find a motorhome, book one of the best New Forest campsites and head into this gorgeous national park!
Reasons to go camping in the New Forest:
- It is one of the UK’s most beautiful national parks! The New Forest National Park covers parts of Wiltshire, Dorset and Hampshire, and is best known for the immense areas of heathland and numerous forest trails.
- Ponies! There are over 3,000 New Forest ponies here, so make sure to go pony trekking and explored difficult terrain better.
- The numerous picturesque villages to visit, that will transport you to a Grimm fairytale! From Brockenhurst to Beaulieu, you’ll have dozens to choose from.
- The thick foliage and nature will make you forget the outside world even exists, you can escape technology and daily stress and truly connect with yourself and your fellow travellers.
- The ideal location for a long weekend break, less than two hours driving from London. It is also surrounded by other beautiful areas, such as South Downs National Park and Dartmoor’s protected regions, making it perfect for a longer road trip too!
- Motorhome campsites in the New Forest are considered to be among some of the best in Britain!
Looking for more reasons to go camping in the New Forest? Now that we know why we’re going, let’s look at where we’ll be resting our weary heads!
1. Green Hill Farm
Green Hill Farm Holiday Park is a tranquil hideaway on the edge of the New Forest, and one of the most peaceful campsites near the New Forest. It is accessible by road, but avoids any busy roads or towns, such as those in the centre. We consider it to be one of the best New Forest campsites given that it is so green and natural that you would almost think you’re wild camping!
Best suited for: Those who enjoy wildlife, as their three lakes have an abundance of geese, ducks and moorhens, with deer, rabbits, squirrels and woodpeckers regularly spotted on site. Also great for fishing!
Prices: £21.50 (Low), £25.50 (Mid), £32.00 (High)
Location: 50.961886, -1.623221
2) Tom’s Field
Tom’s Field Camping New Forest is located close to the village of Godshill and town of Fordingbridge, surrounded by roaming cattle, donkeys and ponies. It is the ideal starting point for dozens of footpaths and cycle routes, and a 15 minute scenic walk the Fighting Cocks Pub, serving food all day.
Best suited for: Active holidaymakers, as the great routes surrounding deserved to be explored during your trip! You can also make several hikes/day trips to the surrounding villages.
Prices: Approximately £48
Location: 50.939386, -1.738244
3) Hollands Wood Campsite
Described as ‘Paradise Parks’, Hollands Wood Campsite is the perfect retreat for the mind, body and soul. It is constructed to fit the existing natural features, with pitches weaving through the treelines and along ferns. With the thick canopy, pierced only by sunlight not sound, you’ll remember why you loved camping in the first place.
Best suited for: Couples looking to escape and reconnect. Turn off all your technology and rediscover each other. Or come here with a friend, to enjoy a nice glass of wine under the stars.
Prices: Start from £18.15
Location: 50.829588, -1.570449
4) Hurst View Leisure
A family run business, Hurst View Leisure offers panoramic views across the western Solent, the Isle of Wight and the Needles rocks. A mere mile and a half from Lymington, you can easily stroll to this delightful town offers museums, a waterpark and more.
Best suited for: Families! As a family focused campsite they turn away single sex groups, under 25 groups and more. Perfect place to enjoy some time with the family and explore the New Forest.
Prices: £20-25 depending on the size of campervan
Location: 50.735724, -1.550449
5) Long Meadow Campsite
In the heart of the New Forest you’ll find Long Meadow Campsite, with easy access making it ideal for motorhome travellers. Brockenhurst train station is also close, providing direct rail links with Bournemouth, Winchester, Poole, Southampton and London. There is plenty of open space for children to play, as well as wheelchair accessible facilities!
Best suited for: Larger groups, given that you can access it easily with larger motorhomes as well, there is plenty to do in the area and enough space to all sit under the sunshine.
Prices: £19 (Off peak), £28 (Peak). £24 and £33 with electric hook-up.
Location: 50.838054, -1.585091
These wonderful campsites in and near the New Forest will ensure you have the most amazing motorhome trip possible, experiencing the freedom only a motorhome can provide. Once you’ve selected which of the top motorhome campsites in the New Forest to stay at, which motorhome to hire and when to go, the adventure can truly begin!