Meet Lockdown Lucy our Lockdown Vanbuild:
Thank you for considering traveling with us Lucy.
A short introduction is certainly not superfluous. We are looking for people who will treat Lucy with respect, as we do ourselves. We hope that the description below will make you feel the same love that we experience with our Lucy.
Who are we:
Dennis and Michelle are a couple in their mid-thirties who decided in August 2020 to build a camper van themselves. Corona had dominated our lives for half a year at that time and dreaming away from carefree travel made us take the plunge. After more than 6 months of working in cold, heat, rain and dark evenings, before or after our regular job, we now proudly share our finished product. Lucy is our first baby, our first camping and conversion experience. We would like to share this with like-minded adventurers who are looking for charm, but also open to the adventure that comes with a campervan. Dogs are welcome, provided they do not cause any harm.
Lockdown Lucy is a Peugeot Boxer VAN from 2019 Type L3. This allows anyone with a regular driving license to drive, but keep in mind that it is just that little bit higher and longer than a regular delivery van. So she doesn't park very conveniently somewhere and maneuvers through narrow streets a bit more difficult.
We chose to finish her in a calm color palette of green and pink. The female touch of Michelle takes the upper hand in this, hopefully you can enjoy this too.
What Lucy has to offer:
A fully self-sufficient whole through green energy from the solar panel and +/- 65L water tank, so you are not dependent on camper pitches for electricity or sanitary purposes.
- a comfortable mattress of 140cm wide and 180cm long, so it is important to lie snugly together. Large individuals may become less happy about this.
- 2 full-fledged sofas upholstered with comfortable cushions
- extendable table top
- fridge with mini freezer
- +/- 65L pure water tank
- Cold and HOT running water
- 2-burner gas stove
- basic crockery and cutlery for 4 people
- Compact set of pots and pans
- Espresso percolator large & small
- OMNIA OVEN with silicone baking tin and muffin tin (be sure to check the options on Pinterest-Instagram & Google)
- Storage jars filled with all kinds of basic supplies
- Outdoor table with 2 camping chairs + basic stools
- Simple mound to be able to sit in the shade or dry
- Pop-up tent and shower connection for cat washing in the open air
- 12V hairdryer
- Portapotti chemical toilet
- various USB connections to charge the most common devices using green power groene
- 2 sockets with 230V connection ATTENTION: only possible with an external connection on the camping site
- Heating thanks to diesel parking heater
- 2 MAX fans with solar eclipse and air circulation
- windows in side door and back doors, including curtains
- reading lamp above the bed with USB connection
- cozy light cord via USB
- dustpan and tin with handle
- disposable BBQ
- citronella candle - flying insect spray - ant spray
- board games: scrabble, UNO, rummikub, yahtzee
- Minimum house stock: coffee beans, rice, oatmeal, sugar cubes, tea bags, olive oil / white wine vinegar, pepper & salt, ..
- shoe storage under the bed and upon entry
- Radio, CD player, navigation, Bluetooth, rear view camera
- extra bar closure with safe leash + carabiner to securely buckle the dog (provided its own harness) while driving (MANDATORY)
- ground hook to keep the dog safely on a leash next to Lucy. (Long leash is comfortable to take with you)
What Lucy especially has is charm and coziness. She may be missing something here and there. If this is the case, please let us know. This way we can improve our Lucy for future adventurers.
What we expect from you:
- be adventurous
- love our bus like it's yours
- we give you a clean campervan before departure, we expect to receive it back in the same way. If not, the cleaning fee of € 75 will be charged
- use of own sheets, pillows, towels, etc.
- if you came into contact with mud or dust during your trip, give her a shower on the way back (no car wash due to height and solar panel)
Try to leave the place where you are staying cleaner than how you found it. You can use a waste grab stick and waste bags that are present in the bus. Only in this way we remain welcome everywhere. Unfortunately, wild parking is already prohibited in many European countries due to nuisance and illegal dumping.
Leave a nice memory of the trip using our G&G photo printer and write something in 'Lucy's whereabouts' & Lucy's guestbook. In this way others can also gain inspiration, discover nice places and dream away about how you experienced a trip with Lucy.
With a scared heart but also proud we will give our Lucy with you. Take care of it!
Dennis & Michelle