New Covid-19 Cancellation Policy - Cancel up until 7 days before your booking and get your money back
Bookings made between the 25th of Apriand the 8th of July feature a free cancellation policy. If your planned trip cannot proceed due to COVID-19 related measures, you can cancel, free of charge, up to 7 days before departure.
This Corona clause is applied when government regulations cause motorhome travel to be impossible for the dates of your trip. This clause overrides the standard cancellation policy. Below are some example situations in which you can or cannot cancel for free, up to 7 days before departure.
The following are example situations that would allow a free cancellation:
- There is a government mandated lockdown forbidding travel of any kind
- Holidays are allowed, but you are unable to travel by campervan, due to any of the following:
- campsites are closed due to covid-19
- Borders with other countries are closed and a holiday within the UK is not possible due to a nationwide closure of campsites.
- You booked the motorhome solely to attend an event, e.g. Formula 1, and that event has been canceled due to covid-19 measures. (Please note: you must state when booking that you are going to this official event and be able to later prove the cancellation by submitting your paid ticket and a statement from the organisers confirming it’s cancellation).
The following are examples of situations in which do not qualify for a free cancellation:
You, or someone in your travel group, is ill. Given that in the event of illness you can claim such cancellation costs with a normal cancellation insurance or travel insurance, the free cancellation does not apply. You can check the following website for a comparison of such providers.
If you cannot proceed to your intended destination. For example, you intended to visit Spain, but you don't get any further than France due to a lockdown in Spain.
A campsite you intended to stay in is closed or fully booked, but there are one or more other campsites that are open and have space.
A disappointing weather forecast.
If you choose to cancel using the Corona clause, you will be refunded the full rental fee (including Goboony service fee, but excluding £35 booking costs), you will also be fully refunded for the cleaning costs, deposit and insurance premium. If the booking is cancelled for reasons that are not covered by the clause, the standard cancellation policy will apply. This can be viewed on the motorhome listing page and is further covered by the general Terms and Conditions.
If you have made a booking between the 25th of April and the 8th of July and you need to cancel due to the Covid-19 lockdown, please ensure that you contact Goboony support before taking any action to cancel the booking.