This text has been automatically translated by Google. Switch to original.
We are going to rent out our VW California for the 2nd year. Exciting! When we retire we will travel all over Europe, but at the moment we stick to short trips.
We absolutely love this smart, compact concept. We once rented a larger mobile home, but it felt like we were on the road with a truck… A VW California drives (and parks 😉) much more comfortably, like a normal car! The ultimate freedom!
Our beautiful California Ocean is from 2018, now has 35,000 km on the clock, runs on petrol (2.0 TSI EU6 BlueMotion 150hp), is super clean and luxuriously equipped.
We choose to rent to 'slow travelers' who stay in Belgium or neighboring countries - free kilometers per week max 1,250.
LIVING AREA AND KITCHEN
- Kitchen with gas stove, refrigerator, tap & sink, kitchen cupboards
- Cutlery, plates, glasses, pots and pans, salad bowl ... are available for 4 people. As an extra a Dolce Gusto coffee machine with capsules if desired (can also be used as a kettle for tea)
- Foldable inner table and front seats that rotate so that you can sit around the table with 4
- Lifting roof (hydraulic) to stand up comfortably inside - roof also has 3 extra windows to let in lots of light.
- Music via radio / CD player with 8 boxes and USB connection (also for iPod / iPhone / iPad) and AUX-IN
- Atmosphere LED lighting that you can dim. Super cozy in the evening.
- 2 sockets and 3 USB charging inputs, which are linked to a battery especially for the living room (you can continue for a few days!). Charging of laptop etc is all possible. The battery is recharged during the rides. Heavier appliances such as Espresso machines can also be connected to a socket, but only as a cable plugged into the motorhome site.
- Lockable safe box for valuables (including laptops, ...)
- ample storage options in a large drawer, 2 wardrobes and storage compartments
- Sliding window with fly screen. And extra removable fly mesh (with magnets) for the opening sliding door
- As an extra we have covered all seats with 'second skin' protective covers that can be washed in the washing machine. So no stress about stains ...
- In cold weather, the interior heating provides nice warm air in the interior, even when the car is stationary, of course.
- A clean and dirty water tank makes the camper environmentally friendly.
- Downstairs bed: suitable for 2 people. You can slide and open the bed in an instant.
- Upstairs bed (in the lifting roof): also suitable for 2 people. Easily accessible via the front seat.
- Children can safely sleep with 2 on the narrow beds. It is a bit tight for 2 adults and our experience is that the quality of the night's sleep is top when everyone is in their own bed ...
- Comfort mattresses are additionally provided with a memory foam mattress topper. We provide clean fitted sheets for the mattresses.
- All windows can be easily darkened with built-in roller blinds
- Various LED reading lights are available both above and below (dimmable). Very good light for reading.
- In the lifting roof we have provided an extra inner tent with the advantage: no cold nights and in the morning it remains extra dark so you can sleep in. The 3 windows in the top tent can still be opened (mosquito net is provided anyway).
- double glazing so that no disturbing noises penetrate.
- 2 folding chairs are stored in the tailgate and the folding camping table is in the sliding door. All very clever!
- Sun awning that also offers protection against a rain shower.
- Outdoor shower at the rear.
- As an extra, we also bought a tent that can easily be attached to the open tailgate! Can be hung half open or closed (with door). Can also serve as a shower cabin!
- There is a sturdy towbar and we also optionally have a bicycle carrier for 2 bicycles available (which can also carry electric bicycles). The bicycle carrier can be clicked away with the bicycles on it so that the tailgate can simply be opened. (50 €)
- There is of course also a spacious suitcase to carry extra loungers, badminton set, etc. Our badminton set can also be used by the tenants.
- Optional camping toilet Bivvy Loo can also be rented (50 €)
- Engine 2.0 TSI EU6 BlueMotion 150hp - runs very smoothly! And enough power also in the mountains.
- ParkPilot front and rear
- Cruise Control - Speed control system
- Full steel spare wheel
- GPS as well as the possibility to connect a smartphone and, for example, get Google maps or Waze on the screen
- Armrests for both front seats
- Lumbar supports for left and right
- Climatronic with 2nd evaporator and 2nd heating
- Seat heating for front seats separately adjustable