We are going to rent out our VW California for the 2nd year. Exciting! When we retire we will cross all of Europe, but at the moment we are sticking to short trips.
We absolutely love this smart, compact concept. We once rented a larger mobile home, but it felt like we were on the road with a truck… A VW California drives (and parks 😉) much more comfortably, like a normal car! The ultimate freedom!
Our beautiful California Ocean is from 2018, now has 55,000 km on the clock, runs on petrol (2.0 TSI EU6 BlueMotion 150 hp), is super clean and luxuriously equipped.
We choose to rent out to 'slow travelers' who stay in Belgium or in neighboring countries - free kilometers per week max 1,250.
LIVING SPACE AND KITCHEN
- Kitchen with gas stove, refrigerator, tap & sink, kitchen cabinets
- Cutlery, plates, glasses, pots and pans, salad bowl… are available for 4 people. As an extra a Dolce Gusto coffee machine with capsules if desired (can also be used as a kettle for tea)
- Foldable inner table and front seats that rotate so that you can sit around the table with 4 people
- Lifting roof (hydraulic) for comfortable standing inside - roof also has 3 extra windows to let in a lot of light.
- Music via radio/CD player with 8 speakers and USB connection (also for iPod/iPhone/iPad) and AUX-IN
- Atmosphere LED lighting that you can dim. Super cozy in the evening.
- 2 sockets and 3 USB charging inputs, which are linked to a battery especially for the living space (you can use that for several days!). Charging laptop etc is all possible. Battery is recharged during the rides. Heavier appliances such as e.g. esspresso machine can also be connected to a power outlet, but only if you plug in a cable at the motorhome site.
- Lockable safebox for valuables (including laptops, ...)
- ample storage options in a large drawer, 2 wardrobes and storage compartments
- Sliding window with fly screen. And extra removable fly screen (with magnets) for the sliding door opening
- As an extra, we have covered all seats with 'second skin' protective covers that can be washed in the washing machine. So no stress about stains…
- In cold weather, the interior heating ensures nice warm air in the interior, even when the car is stationary, of course.
- A clean and dirty water tank makes the camper environmentally friendly.
- Bed downstairs : suitable for 2 persons. You can slide and unfold the bed in an instant.
- Upper bed (seated in the lifting roof): also suitable for 2 people. Easily accessible via front seat.
- Children can safely sleep with 2 on the narrow beds. It is a bit tight for 2 adults and our experience is that the quality of the night's rest is top notch when everyone is in their own bed...
- Comfort mattresses are additionally equipped with a memory foam mattress topper. We provide clean fitted sheets for the mattresses.
- All windows can be easily darkened with built-in roller blinds
- There are various LED reading lights (dimmable) both above and below. Very good light for reading.
- We have provided an extra insulating inner tent in the lifting roof. The 3 windows in the top tent can still be opened (mosquito netting is provided anyway).
- double glazing to avoid disturbing noises.
- 2 folding chairs are stored in the tailgate and the folding camping table is in the sliding door. All super smart!
- Sun canopy that also offers protection against a rain shower.
- Outdoor shower at the rear.
- As an extra, we also bought a tent that can easily be attached to the open tailgate! Can be hung half open or closed (with door). Can also serve as a shower cubicle!
- There is a sturdy tow bar and optionally we also have a bicycle carrier for 2 bicycles available (which can also carry electric bicycles). The bicycle carrier can be clicked away with the bicycles on it so that the tailgate can simply open. (50€)
- There is of course also a spacious suitcase to take extra loungers, badminton set, etc. Our badminton set can also be used by the tenants.
- Optional camping toilet Bivvy Loo can also be rented (50€)
- Engine 2.0 TSI EU6 BlueMotion 150hp - drives very smoothly! And plenty of power even in the mountains.
- ParkPilot front and rear
- Cruise Control - Speed Control System
- Full steel spare wheel
- GPS as well as the option to connect a smartphone and get Google maps or Waze on the screen for example
- Armrests for both front seats
- Lumbar support for left and right
- Climatronic with 2nd evaporator and 2nd heating
- Seat heating for front seats can be adjusted separately